Experience to date
- We provided a safe and enjoyable lockdown experience for 15 boarding students over Easter, who were unable to get home.
- We taught and cared for key worker children during lockdown in the Summer Term.
- We welcomed back Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 pupils in June for 5 weeks of teaching on site. Children were taught in small groups and adapted well to the new safety measures we had put in place.
- Year 10 and 12 returned to Felsted for three weeks in June to experience lessons and some co-curricular activities. Pupils and staff worked together to create a safe, productive and enjoyable experience.
- A number of Year 10 and 12 pupils experienced a boarding week at the end of June in two co-educational boarding houses. This week was a fantastic learning experience for all involved, provided everyone with much confidence that boarding can be done safely in this current environment, if health and safety measures are adhered to.
- We hosted a number of international boarders, affected by quarantine conditions, to our International Returners Course prior to term starting in September, so that they were ready to start school with other students at the start of term. Pupils were cared for by fully trained members of Felsted staff and their personal wellbeing was carefully supported alongside academic structure and guidance.
- We hosted our introductory ‘LEAP’ week for our new overseas pupils, who did not need to spend time in quarantine., We arranged for Felsted transport to pick each student up from airports to minimise contact with non-Felsted staff.
- The return of our full time traditional boarders in September were prioritised, with a gradual reintroduction of our weekly and contemporary/flexi boarding pupils soon after, to ensure the safety of all.
- We provided full boarding to those students who could not return to their home countries during the October Half Term.
Please see the video below to find out more.