This policy sets out how we will process information collected via the use of our website.
Our Privacy Notices provide more information about how the School may collect, process and store personal data, our lawful basis to do so and your privacy rights.
(1) What information do we collect when using our website?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us using any of our online forms;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us via our website.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
When you first visit our website we will offer you the option to decline or accept the cookies on this website. You can also change your cookie preference consent with us at any time by adjusting the settings in your browser
Most browsers also allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Google Chrome you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Settings", "Privacy & Security", then adjust the settings in the ‘Cookie & other site data’ section.)
This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(3) Using your personal data
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in our Privacy Notices or in relevant parts of the website.
We may also use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com.
- analyse statistical information about our users, but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
(4) Other disclosures
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- as part of our cyber security monitoring we share the Metadata of all traffic deemed to be suspicious with the Police for law enforcement purposes. The Data Controller with whom your data is shared is Essex Police. This Metadata relating to the network traffic does not contain any information relating to the contents of the traffic, merely the destination, originating IP address and the ‘packet header’ of the request. In order to comply with a subject access request in relation to this processing and to be able to advise you as to whether your data has been shared and with whom, we will need you to share with us the IP address used to access our network and the date time including time zone of the access. If you have a dynamically allocated IP address, as is likely for home users, we would need to know the IP address(es) allocated to you for the period you are enquiring about. This information may be obtained from your Internet Service Provider.
(5) Policy amendments
(6) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(7) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you have any questions about this policy or our treatment of your personal data, please write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Marketing Department, Felsted School, Felsted, Essex CM6 3LL.