Professor Sir Colin Alexander St John Wilson

Follyfield 1935-40

During his professional life “Sandy” Wilson (g35-40) became Professor of Architecture at Cambridge University and architect for the new British Library, which is situated beside St Pancras in London.

One of Wilson’s key tenets of architecture is that “it is all about what happened inside” and this is certainly true of the British Library with the calm of the reading rooms, soaring entrance hall and the spectacular surround view of the “Kings Collection” of volumes with which the library was started.

As well as many remarkable and brilliant buildings in England, he was also a great teacher; his fellow countryman and former pupils owe him a debt of gratitude and Felsted can be very proud of him.

No post to display.