Felsted has scored top in the A Level performance progress Government league tables in Essex.
Felsted produced the top score, of 0.36, for performance progress between GCSE Level and A Level. This makes the school among the top 5% across England, and ahead of all other independent and state schools in Essex, including the highly rated grammar schools.
Headmaster, Chris Townsend comments; “I am delighted that the dedication of our teaching staff and the hard work of our pupils has resulted in this achievement. The fact that we work with a full range of pupil ability shows what a dynamic sixth form experience we offer our pupils. I believe it is our holistic approach to education, the focus on pupil wellbeing and the superb range of opportunities available to balance sixth form studies, which provides the ideal environment for academic achievement to flourish.”
- In 2018, 65% of all A Level grades were A* to B, almost 90% grade C or above and the pass rate was higher than 99%
- Felsted ranked in the top 10% nationally for value added in 2018
- Felsted is also a top 20 IB School (offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma) with an average point score of 35.5, equivalent to 2 A*s and an A at A Level
- Among the top Felsted A Level achievers in 2018 was Head Boy Will Barker who started in Felsted Prep School and took up his place at Oxford to study PPE, and has already represented the OURFC Greyhounds (2nd team)
- GCSE results are also impressive, with 48% of results obtaining the top grades of 9 to 7