Forest School uses the outdoor environment to help all Prep School children learn. Through regular weekly visits to our own on-site Forest School, our young Felstedians are encouraged to develop independence, improve language and decision making and raise their self-esteem through small achievable tasks.
Sessions at Felsted's Forest School are child-led to accommodate different learning styles and schemes - the adult’s role is as a facilitator.
Aims of Felsted Forest School
- To build and develop group work and co-operation skills
- Increase each child’s confidence, initiative and independence
- Provide a supportive learning environment to suit individual’s needs and learning styles
- Increase practical and planning skills
- Increase each child’s appreciation and knowledge of the natural world
The Brilliant Badgers explored and played in the forest and river today. The children were busy all afternoon filling and emptying containers of all different shapes and sizes! There was a lot of splashing and mud sliding today! #forestschool #year1#felstedfun #friday pic.twitter.com/iLUgjOKHFg— FPS Stewart House (@FPSStewartHouse) September 28, 2018
There was a real production line of 'muddy water hot chocolate' creating down in the woods today! What a lot of teamwork- collecting the water, filtering it through funnels and nets before serving it in bug collecting pots! Yum! #felstedadventure #forestschool #felstedinspires pic.twitter.com/yZuFEtKVVn— FPS Stewart House (@FPSStewartHouse) September 26, 2018