Forest School uses the outdoor environment to help all Prep School children learn. Through regular weekly visits to our own on-site Forest School, our young Felstedians are encouraged to develop independence, improve language and decision making and raise their self-esteem through small achievable tasks.
Sessions at Felsted's Forest School are child-led to accommodate different learning styles and schemes - the adult’s role is as a facilitator.
Aims of Felsted Forest School
- To build and develop group work and co-operation skills
- Increase each child’s confidence, initiative and independence
- Provide a supportive learning environment to suit individual’s needs and learning styles
- Increase practical and planning skills
- Increase each child’s appreciation and knowledge of the natural world
The children have been busy bees today starting work on the Stewart House Eco Garden organised by Mrs Searle. They've had a wonderful time working with @lloydwarbey to begin creating some natural mini beast masterpieces. Keep an eye out for more updates over the next week or so! pic.twitter.com/GOEs0rQU3j— FPS Stewart House (@FPSStewartHouse) 8 May 2018