Forest School uses the outdoor environment to help all Prep School children learn. Through regular weekly visits to our own on-site Forest School, our young Felstedians are encouraged to develop independence, improve language and decision making and raise their self-esteem through small achievable tasks.
Sessions at Felsted's Forest School are child-led to accommodate different learning styles and schemes - the adult’s role is as a facilitator.
Aims of Felsted Forest School
- To build and develop group work and co-operation skills
- Increase each child’s confidence, initiative and independence
- Provide a supportive learning environment to suit individual’s needs and learning styles
- Increase practical and planning skills
- Increase each child’s appreciation and knowledge of the natural world