Sixth Form (age 16+)
Getting to know us
We understand what a big decision it is to choose the right school and we aim to make the process as simple as possible. We pride ourselves on getting to know you as a family and we look forward to welcoming you to Felsted for a visit. Please do contact our experienced Admissions Team if you would like to discuss anything ahead of your initial visit. Further information is also available below.
Our friendly Admissions team will guide you through the process and ensure that you know what you need to do and when. Please contact the Admissions Office if you would like to discuss an application before registering.
- Attend an Open Morning or arrange an individual visit
- If you have not already done so, register as a candidate HERE. The registration fee is £125 per candidate
- Complete the relevant application forms, including a Pupil Information Form and any award application forms
- Send a copy of the most recent school report and any other relevant reports (e.g. medical or Educational Psychologist reports)
- Attend entry testing and an interview with the Head or Deputy Head
- Felsted’s Admissions Office will request a confidential reference from the current school
Felsted’s entry tests include:
- English comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
The online tests are adaptive and require no advance preparation or tutoring. We will send further information (including familiarisation exercises) to all registered candidates in advance of the assessments. Exam access arrangements are available for SEND candidates - please discuss with us so that we can ensure the correct arrangements are in place.
Places are offered based on entry testing results, an interview with the Head and receipt of a satisfactory confidential reference from the current school. Candidates based in the UK will normally attend Felsted School for entry testing and interview; please contact the Admissions Team to discuss any alternative arrangements that may be required
All candidates are expected to achieve a minimum of 32 points across their best six subjects at GCSE (or equivalent), plus a grade 6 in subjects they wish to study at A Level or at Higher Level in the IB Diploma.
Please note, pupils who attend HMC schools can only sit the assessments from November and places cannot be offered before 1st December.
Felsted is a very popular choice for Sixth Form and most places are offered and accepted by the end of January. Please bear in mind that if you enquire after this date, you may be placed on a waiting list.
Scholarships & Awards
Awards are offered in the following categories:
- Design, Technology & Engineering (DTE)
- Sport (cricket, hockey, netball, rugby, tennis or squash)
We offer two levels of Award; the level awarded is decided by Felsted School after assessment:
- Felsted Scholarship - awarded to the top performing candidates after assessment. Fee discount applied to day or boarding fees
- Mary Skill Award - honorary award to recognise candidates who are not yet at Scholarship level but who demonstrate skill, enthusiasm, commitment in their chosen disciplines.
All Award Holders take part in a programme of enrichment activities relevant to their discipline and they have genuine opportunities to develop talent, as well as mentoring and feedback from specialist staff and coaches. Both Scholarship and Mary Skill Award Holders are eligible to apply for additional means-tested financial support.
All bursaries are means-tested and are subject to an annual review. There is no guarantee of financial assistance as demands for support are usually in excess of the funds available.
Please click on the link below for further information about our Scholarship & Awards programme and the entry requirements for each discipline.
Felsted provides the perfect environment to study. There are also so many opportunities to expand your interests and learn new skills, providing much needed balance to academic life.
I just wanted to say that our connections with Felsted have been outstanding since the first time we contacted you which has made us more confident it is the right school for our son. Having worked in the service industry for many years, building a unique culture and core purpose and executing this across all parent pupil touch-points takes effort as well as belief in what you are doing. This is what helped finalise our decision over another leading school.