The school is also bucking the trend with their incredible oversubscription for admissions: this is clearly a fantastic school that people want to send their children to. Gwen Byrom - TES Awards
Senior School (age 13+)
Getting to know us
We understand what a big decision it is to choose the right school and we aim to make the process as simple as possible. We pride ourselves on getting to know you as a family and we look forward to welcoming you to Felsted for a visit.
Please do contact our experienced Admissions Team if you would like to discuss anything ahead of your initial visit. Further information is also available below.
Our friendly Admissions team will guide you through the process and ensure that you know what you need to do and when. Please contact the Admissions Office if you would like to discuss an application before registering.
- Attend an Open Morning or arrange an individual visit
- If you have not already done so, register as a candidate HERE. The registration fee is £125 per candidate
- Complete the relevant application forms, including a Pupil Information Form and any award application forms
- Send a copy of the most recent school report and any other relevant reports (e.g. medical or Educational Psychologist reports)
- Attend entry testing and an interview with the Head or Deputy Head
- Felsted’s Admissions Office will request a confidential reference from the current school
Year 9 Entry
We offer 3 entry testing points for Year 9 - when pupils are in Year 6, Year 7 or Year 8. Wherever possible, we would encourage early application to avoid any disappointment.
Year 10 Entry
Subject to availability of places, we accept applications for Year 10 entry and assessments take place in October prior to the year of entry, when pupils are in Year 9. Please note that places may be limited and preference may be given to weekly or traditional boarders. Year 12 (Sixth Form) is the next entry point after Year 10.
Felsted’s entry tests include:
- English comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
The online tests are adaptive and require no advance preparation or tutoring. We will send further information (including familiarisation exercises) to all registered candidates in advance of the assessments. Exam access arrangements are available for SEND candidates - please discuss with us so that we can ensure the correct arrangements are in place.
Places are offered based on entry testing results, an interview with the Head and receipt of a satisfactory confidential reference from the current school. Candidates based in the UK will normally attend Felsted School for entry testing and interview; please contact the Admissions Team to discuss any alternative arrangements that may be required.
Scholarships & Awards
Awards are offered in the following categories:
- Design, Technology & Engineering (DTE)
- Sport (cricket, hockey, netball, rugby, tennis or squash)
We offer two levels of Award; the level awarded is decided by Felsted School after assessment:
- Felsted Scholarship - awarded to the top performing candidates after assessment. Fee discount applied to day or boarding fees
- Mary Skill Award - honorary award to recognise candidates who are not yet at Scholarship level but who demonstrate skill, enthusiasm, commitment in their chosen disciplines.
All Award Holders take part in a programme of enrichment activities relevant to their discipline and they have genuine opportunities to develop talent, as well as mentoring and feedback from specialist staff and coaches. Both Scholarship and Mary Skill Award Holders are eligible to apply for additional means-tested financial support.
All bursaries are means-tested and are subject to an annual review. There is no guarantee of financial assistance as demands for support are usually in excess of the funds available.
Please click on the link below for further information about our Scholarship & Awards programme and the entry requirements for each discipline.
We made the decision to move our son to Felsted for Year 10. It was a hard decision, being the start of his GCSE course, but we could not be happier with the school. The fantastic thing about Felsted is how accommodating everyone there has been. Felsted Parent
I just wanted to say that our connections with Felsted have been outstanding since the first time we contacted you which has made us more confident it is the right school for our son. Having worked in the service industry for many years, building a unique culture and core purpose and executing this across all parent pupil touch-points takes effort as well as belief in what you are doing. This is what helped finalise our decision over another leading school.