Prep School (age 7+)
Admissions Update Summer 2021
One of the best ways to get to know Felsted is to visit during an Open Day, but due to the current Covid-19 related restrictions we are not able to welcome large groups of visitors at this time. However, we have filmed a number of Virtual Tours and recorded all our recent Virtual Open Events for different age groups - these can be viewed at any time for your convenience and will give you an initial insight into life at Felsted. We will also be hosting more Virtual Open Events over the coming months and aim to host smaller scale on site Open Days in the Autumn Term. We are also now able to offer on site individual visits if you would like to take your interest in Felsted a step further. Please do reach out to our Admissions Team who will be able to assist you with your application to Felsted. We look forward to welcoming you.
We still have a few places remaining for Year 3 entry in September 2021. Please contact our Admissions Registrar, Susan Godfrey, to discuss.
If you would like to submit an application, we will ask you to register and complete a short application form. We will then arrange for you and your child to have a short video meeting with the Head of Ffrome Court (Year 3 and 4). We can also arrange a virtual meeting with the Headmaster if you would like to discuss anything with him.
Due to the exceptional circumstances of this year, the Headmaster has agreed that we will not hold formal entrance assessments for Year 3 entry in September 2021.
Instead places will be offered based on:
- Your child’s most recent school report
- A satisfactory reference from your child’s current school
- A video meeting with the Head of Year 3 and 4 to meet you and your child
- Recent examples of your child’s work (a photo of their current reading book, some unassisted writing and some maths work)
- We may need your child to attend a Taster Day before we can confirm the offer of a place. We will advise the earliest date that we can offer Taster Days.
For any candidates with additional learning needs, please ensure that we have a copy of any relevant reports. We will also arrange a video meeting with our Head of Learning Support, Mrs Maura Murphy. In addition, and with your permission, Mrs Murphy will arrange to speak to the SENCO at your child’s current school (or the class teacher if there has not yet been a formal diagnosis).
The steps below are a guide for September 2022 entry and dates may be subject to change.
Please note that Year 3 (age 7+) is our main point of entry prior to Year 7 (11+). We will consider applications into other year groups where there are spaces available.
Register with us
We encourage you to register with us by completing our Registration Form and fee as soon as you are ready; once we have this, you are then included on our list of applicants for the appropriate year. Please contact the Admissions Office before registering, to ensure we have places remaining.
We would like to make this process as smooth as possible for our prospective families, so please do contact us at any stage if you would like further clarification.
Admissions Registrar: Mrs Susan Godfrey
Address: Felsted School, Felsted, Essex CM6 3LL
Tel: 01371 822 611, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do pupils in Ffrome Court attend Saturday School.
- How early do I have to register interest?
- Is school transport available to pupils in Ffrome Court?
- What are your class sizes?
- What time does School start and finish?
- What provision is there for wraparound care?
- What Co-Curricular Activities are available?
- When can I book After School Clubs?