Prep School (ages 7-10)
Admissions Update Spring 2021
One of the best ways to get to know Felsted is to visit during an Open Day, but due to the current Covid-19 related restrictions we are not able to welcome large groups of visitors at this time. We have filmed a number of virtual tours and have hosted a number of virtual Open Events for different age groups that can be viewed in retrospect.
We encourage you to explore these to give you an initial insight into life at Felsted. We will also be hosting more virtual Open Events over the coming months. Please do reach out to our Admissions Team who will be able to assist you with any queries you may have.
Lower School September 2021 Entry
Due to the exceptional circumstances that we find ourselves in, the Headmaster has agreed that we will not hold formal entrance assessments for Lower School entry in September 2021.
Instead places will be offered based on:
- Availability of space
- Your child’s most recent school report
- A satisfactory reference from your child’s current school
- A video meeting with the Head and Head of Phase to meet your child (a parent will need to be present for this)
- We may also need your child to attend a Taster Day before we can confirm the offer of a place. We will advise the earliest date that we can offer Taster Days.
In addition, we would like you to submit the following supporting documents:
- A completed Pupil Information Form (available in your application pack and to be submitted via the Admissions Portal)
- A photo of your child’s current reading book - please name the file firstname_surname_reading book and email to email@example.com
- A sample of recent unassisted writing - please name the file firstname_surname_writing plus the approximate amount of time spent (e.g. susan.godfrey_writing_30minutes) and email a photo or scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A couple of pages of recent maths work - please name the file firstname_surname_maths and email a photo or scan to email@example.com
For any candidates with additional learning needs, please ensure that we have a copy of any relevant reports (to be submitted with the application via the Admissions Portal). We will also arrange a video meeting with our Head of Learning Support, Mrs Maura Murphy. In addition, and with your permission, Mrs Murphy will arrange to speak to the SENCO at your child’s current school (or the class teacher if there has not yet been a formal diagnosis).
If you require any more information or If you have missed the deadline for registering, please contact the Admissions Office as we may have a few late entry places in Years 3 and 4.
Susan Godfrey, Prep Admissions Registrar: +44 (0) 7710 094841, firstname.lastname@example.org
Register with us
We encourage you to register with us by completing our Registration Form and fee as soon as you are ready; once we have this, you are then included on our list of applicants for the appropriate year. Please contact the Admissions Office before registering, to ensure we have places remaining.
We would like to make this process as smooth as possible for our prospective families, so please do contact us at any stage if you would like further clarification.
Admissions Registrar: Mrs Susan Godfrey
Address: Felsted School, Felsted, Essex CM6 3LL
Tel: 01371 822 611, Email: email@example.com
- Do pupils in Ffrome Court attend Saturday School.
- How early do I have to register interest?
- Is school transport available to pupils in Ffrome Court?
- What are your class sizes?
- What time does School start and finish?
- What provision is there for wraparound care?
- What Co-Curricular Activities are available?
- When can I book After School Clubs?