GCSE Subject Guide
Welcome to our virtual GCSE Subject Guide. Please take some time to read through the information below.
The aim for Years 10 and 11 is to follow a curriculum based on a ‘core’ of English, Maths and Science and four ‘options’ that ensures a broadly balanced programme for all pupils, without inhibiting the specialisation required for a variety of Sixth Form courses. Pupils will also complete the Felsted Diploma Project.
In Years 10 and 11, every pupil studies English Language, English Literature, Mathematics and Science. Each pupil should then choose four optional subjects ensuring that they meet the requirements of the two restrictions placed on the choice.
1. One of the following Modern Foreign Languages must be chosen: French, German, Spanish, and Latin
2. A humanities subject must be chosen: Classical Civilisation, Geography, History, Latin, and Theology, Ethics and Philosophy (Religious Studies)
Felsted Diploma Project
The Felsted Diploma Project (FDP) is a programme of enquiry and creativity that will help develop independent learning and provide the necessary key skills to enrich learning in all subjects. Unlike GCSEs, the FDP rewards the process and the journey of the project as well as the end product, and encourages a culture of reﬂection and improvement. Pupils work in pairs and so develop their skills in cooperation, communication and taking shared responsibility for their task.
- Sarah Capewell, Deputy Head (Academic): email@example.com
- Lorne Stefanini, Assistant Head (Academic): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Louise Scofield, Director of Professional Guidance: email@example.com
- Emma Carpenter, Senior Admissions Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gemma Kilby, Head of Admissions: email@example.com