Felsted is committed to widening access for potential pupils, to include those who cannot afford our fees, and consider it important that those in poverty should not be excluded from the opportunity to receive the educational support that the School can provide.
Felsted is also supportive of local schools who may not have the same access to facilities and expertise.
This support has included:
- Providing a number of bursaries to families on a means tested basis. Approximately 85 pupils are supported each year, valued at over £889K. Fourteen pupils received bursaries of between 85% and 100% of the termly fee, including one pupil supported in liaison with the Royal National Children’s Foundation and other charitable trusts. In total, the School provides fee assistance to over 250 pupils at a cost of about £3M per annum, 13% of our gross fee income. The Governors are seeking to develop various methods of funding pupils whose parents cannot afford the fees; methods that do not depend entirely on our fee income. Four pupils are currently fully funded through the School by the generosity of benefactors.
- Providing teaching expertise, facility provision, and drama production invitations to local primary schools such as Flitch Green Academy and Felsted Primary School.
- Hosting a Nursery Conference on site with speakers and training provision.
- Gifted and Talented Days for local children in Art, Sport, Science and Modern Languages.
- Over ten schools, locally and from overseas take part in the Felsted Model United Nations Conference each year, which has included local state and grammar schools. Primary Schools have also attended the Prep School Conference every summer.