Felsted offers boys and girls aged four to eighteen a first class all round education, based on a safe, rural 80 acre village campus in stunning North Essex, only one hour from London and Cambridge.
We welcome students from all over the world to appreciate a British boarding school education, plus offer day and contemporary boarding options for our more local families, with daily bus routes from across the region.
Felsted produces self starting, entrepreneurial and independent spirits - characteristics that are immediately evident among the ambitious, self motivated and self aware pupils, who have some of the healthiest can-do attitudes we’ve seen.The Good Schools Guide
The school that grows with you
Felsted is a family school, structured in such a way that your child will always be part of a school-within-a-school, in which academic stretch and pastoral support are always entirely personal and age appropriate. At the Prep School these take the form of ‘Phases’, at the Senior School it is within a House structure that your child will find nurture, support, camaraderie and friendship.
The beauty of this approach is that Felsted grows with your child. As pupils move through the school they enjoy more and more of the available space and specialist facilities and benefit from an ever-greater range of opportunities in a gradually extending day. Each much anticipated stage brings greater self-reliance and affords your child exciting new challenges, privileges and possibilities within a unifying framework underpinned by shared values and a clear pathway.
Prep School phasesAges 7-8: Ffrome CourtAges 9-10: Cloisters
Senior School phases
Felsted in a nutshell
- A superb all round holistic education that develops the character of every child
- A modern, global approach to learning, with a depth of heritage boasting 454 years as one of the oldest and finest schools in England
- Small class sizes that cater for individual development. A broad curriculum, with exciting learning opportunities and stimulating, dynamic and supportive teachers. Choice of A Levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form
- Outstanding facilities which include spacious playing fields, heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, two Astroturf pitches, two sports halls, a professionally managed gym, three squash courts, six netball courts, 25 tennis courts, a state-of-the art Music School, fully equipped Theatre and Performance Auditoria
- Day, contemporary & full boarding options. Outstanding pastoral care in modern, homely day and boarding houses
- Top university entry and work education programme
- Leading co-curricular and leadership programmes. Established partnership with the Junior Guildhall School of Music
- National sporting reputation. Partnerships with Essex Cricket, Saracens RC, Mavericks Netball and Blue Hornets Hockey
- Global Member of Round Square Organisation offering many international opportunities
Garde ta Foy or ‘Keep your Faith’
Our motto and guiding principle. It influences all that we strive to do personally, as educators and for your child.
The History of Felsted School