Felsted offers children aged four to eighteen a first class all round education, based on a safe, rural 80 acre village campus in stunning North Essex, only one hour from London and Cambridge.
We welcome students from all over the world to appreciate a leading British boarding school education. A variety of boarding options and day places are available to suit modern family life, with bus routes from across the region.
Founded in 1564, Felsted celebrated 50 years of co-education in 2020. We were also delighted to be shortlisted for TES Boarding School of the Year 2020.
Felsted produces self starting, entrepreneurial and independent spirits - characteristics that are immediately evident among the ambitious, self motivated and self aware pupils, who have some of the healthiest can-do attitudes we’ve seen.The Good Schools Guide
The school that grows with you
Felsted is a family school, structured in such a way that your child will always be part of a school-within-a-school, in which academic stretch and pastoral support are always entirely personal and age appropriate. At the Prep School these take the form of ‘Phases’, at the Senior School it is within a House structure that your child will find nurture, support, camaraderie and friendship.
The beauty of this approach is that Felsted grows with your child. As pupils move through the school they enjoy more and more of the available space and specialist facilities and benefit from an ever-greater range of opportunities in a gradually extending day. Each much anticipated stage brings greater self-reliance and affords your child exciting new challenges, privileges and possibilities within a unifying framework underpinned by shared values and a clear pathway.
Prep School Phases
Senior School Phases
Felsted in a nutshell
- A superb all round holistic education that develops the character of every child
- A modern, global approach to learning, with a depth of heritage boasting 459 years as one of the oldest and finest schools in England
- Small class sizes that cater for individual development. A broad curriculum, with exciting learning opportunities and stimulating, dynamic and supportive teachers. Choice of A Levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form
- Outstanding facilities which include spacious playing fields, heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, two Astroturf pitches, two sports halls, a professionally managed gym, three squash courts, six netball courts, 25 tennis courts, a state-of-the art Music School, fully equipped Theatre and Performance Auditoria
- Day, contemporary & full boarding options. Outstanding pastoral care in modern, homely day and boarding houses
- Top university entry and work education programme
- Leading co-curricular and leadership programmes. Established partnership with the Junior Guildhall School of Music
- National sporting reputation. Partnerships with Saracens & Northampton Rugby, London Pulse & Saracens Mavericks Netball and Blue Hornets Hockey
- Global Member of Round Square Organisation offering many international opportunities
Garde ta Foy or ‘Keep your Faith’
Our motto and guiding principle. It influences all that we strive to do personally, as educators and for your child.
The History of Felsted School
"...this is an un-snobbish, forward-thinking place that welcomes different perspectives and is committed to embracing even more."
Felsted School was inspected in March 2019 by the Independent Schools’ Inspectorate. We are delighted to report that this full inspection resulted in the best possible outcome for Felsted. We were found to be compliant in all areas and ‘excellent’ in both judgements of educational quality.
Felsted is committed to the One Tribe Partnership, helping our community make a difference to the sustainability of our planet. With every admissions registration, and for every long haul overseas school trip, we will donate a percentage of the transaction to One Tribe. Each individual registration or school trip will equate to 500 trees being protected.