Music is part of the fabric that makes up Felsted life and has been for many years. Felsted School has broad opportunities for musicians of all types - our main aim is that everyone who wants to be involved musically can be accommodated. All pupils are involved in some way, whether it is singing in Chapel, participating in the Inter-House Singing Competition or through individual musical interest.
Felsted musicians are supported by five full time members of staff and over 20 visiting instrumental and vocal teachers. Tuition is available in a wide range of instruments ranging from the violin and harp through to the bagpipes and the electric guitar!
Singing plays a hugely important role both in Chapel and in more informal settings. Elsewhere, the School boasts a number of Orchestras, String Ensembles and Wind and Brass Groups.
Our musicians regularly receive opportunities to perform at other venues. Recent Music Trips have included:
- Singing Evensong in Southwark Cathedral
- Felsted's 450th Anniversary Service at St Paul's
- Felsted's 450th Anniversary - Royal Visit
- Recording film soundtrack music at the famous Abbey Road Studios in London
- The Jazz Band performing at a local prep school
- A choir tour of Italy