Felsted offers a wonderful range of opportunities in Drama and The Arts. These include:
- The annual School Play, usually a musical
- The Junior Drama Production
- House Shows
- GCSE Drama and A Level Theatre Studies
- The Monologue and Duologue competitions and numerous other smaller performance opportunities
- Visiting drama productions in the Hunt Theatre
- The Thespian Society, with its regular trips to public theatres
- The Technical Theatre Society, giving students the opportunity to develop their technical theatre skills to a professional level
- The biennial USA Drama Tour
- The opportunity to study for a LAMDA speech and drama qualification
Wednesday 12th – Saturday15th November 2014, Grignon Hall, Felsted School , 7.30pm (Weds-Fri) and 8.00pm (Sat)
Ticket price: £15 (£20 premier seating)*
Felsted is privileged to be able to perform Oh! What a Lovely War, to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War. As a School we wish to honour and pay our respects to the 253 OFs, Masters and Staff who fought and lost their lives from 1914 to 1918.
The production is a howl of rage at the cynicism of politicians and the fate of ordinary soldiers in the First World War and by implication all wars. The production counterpoints brutal facts and statistics with the jaunty tunes the soldiers sang as they marched to their slaughter in the trenches, including well known tunes like ‘Keep The Home Fires Burning’, ‘It’s A Long Way To Tipperary’, and ‘Pack Up Your Troubles’.
Please contact Erika Taunton if you require further information about this event at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01371 822613.
Please click here to download a booking form.
*Funds raised from ticket sales will go towards Felsted School Drama