Sixth Form provision at Felsted ensures a broad and balanced education, both in terms of the academic curriculum and co-curricular activities.
- Challenges and stimulates students
- Prepares students for adult life
- Is responsive to individual academic needs
- Prepares students for further education and employment
Royal Results for Felsted’s A Level Students - 2014
Felsted pupils gained a royal set of A Level results in 2014, despite the National concern that A Level results are on a downward trend. Felsted maintained the high standards that saw the achievement of pupils graded as ‘excellent’ by the Independent Schools Inspectorate last September. A third of all results were at A* or A and 11 students achieved straight As or better. 22 students (over a fifth of the cohort), achieved 2 As and a B or better, ensuring a place at one of the country's top universities.
Three students achieved places at Oxford and Cambridge:
Eliz Peck, age 18, from Black Notley, gained an impressive 3 A*s and has met her offer to read History at Trinity Hall, Cambridge Dan Benson, age 18 from Danbury, secured 2 A*s and an A to read Physics at St.Catherine’s College, Oxford. Hugh Evans, age 18 from Wickhambrook, achieved 1 A* and 2 As and will read Classical Archaeology and Ancient History at Balliol, Oxford.
- 98 students took A Levels at Felsted in 2014
- 10% achieved A* grades
- 33% achieved A* and A grades
- 60% achieved A* to B grades
- 78% achieved A* to C grades
- 99% achieved A* to E grades
Please click here to read more.