Small classes, rigorous academic teaching, close monitoring and individual Tutoring give Felsted Sixth Formers the best chance of success in their chosen academic programme. Specialising in four subjects at AS Level and three or (for high achievers) four at A2 gives Felstedians the opportunity to focus on in-depth study in their specific areas of academic interest and these can be combined to create a programme tailored to the individual.
At least 25 subjects are offered at AS/A2 Level with unique combinations to suit Felstedians’ individual interests and abilities.
Sixth Form provision at Felsted is designed to:
- ensure a broad and balanced education, both in terms of the academic curriculum and co curricular activities
- challenge and stimulate students
- be responsive to individualacademic needs
- prepare students for further education and employment
- develop reflective and responsible students, equipped to become fulfilled and positive members of their communities
Top Results for Felsted’s A Level Students 2017
Felsted pupils gained an impressive set of A Level results, with 64% achieving A* to B grades (up from 57% in 2016) and 87% achieving A* to C grades (up from 81% in 2016), with a 99% pass rate. More than 34% of all results were at A* or A grade, with many students confirming their places at the country's top universities.
- 94 students took A Levels at Felsted in 2017
- 35% of all grades were A* or A (an increase of 4% on 2016, despite the new reformed A Levels, which are supposed to be more difficult)
- 66% achieved A*-B and more than 87% of all grades were C or better
- The pass rate was higher than 99%
- 22 students took the International Baccalaureate Diploma with 100% pass rate. If IB results are combined with A Level grades, the A*-B percentage is 72% overall, with 90% of all grades A*-C or the equivalent
- Many subjects achieved exceptional results; German, Physics, Latin and Further Maths all achieved 100% A*-B, with History, Government & Politics, Art & Design, Chemistry, Maths, Psychology and Theatre Studies all achieving more than 75% A*-B grades