Small classes, rigorous academic teaching, close monitoring and individual Tutoring give Felsted Sixth Formers the best chance of success in their chosen academic programme. Specialising in four subjects at AS Level and three or (for high achievers) four at A2 gives Felstedians the opportunity to focus on in-depth study in their specific areas of academic interest and these can be combined to create a programme tailored to the individual.
At least 25 subjects are offered at AS/A2 Level with unique combinations to suit Felstedians’ individual interests and abilities.
Sixth Form provision at Felsted is designed to:
- ensure a broad and balanced education, both in terms of the academic curriculum and co curricular activities
- challenge and stimulate students
- be responsive to individualacademic needs
- prepare students for further education and employment
- develop reflective and responsible students, equipped to become fulfilled and positive members of their communities
Top Results for Felsted’s A Level Students 2016
Felsted pupils gained an impressive overall set of A Level results, with 81% achieving
A* to C grades and a 99% pass rate. More than 30% of all results were at A* or A grade, with many students confirming their places at the country's top universities.
- 85 students took A Levels at Felsted in 2016
- 30% of all grades were A* or A
- More than 4 out of 5 of all grades were C or better
- The pass rate was higher than 99%
- 37 students took the International Baccalaureate Diploma. If IB results are included with the A Level grades, the A*-B percentage is 68% overall, with 88% of all grades A*-C or the equivalent
- Many subjects achieved exceptional results – German, Latin, Further Maths and Theatre Studies all achieved 100% A*-B; while History, Chemistry, Maths, Psychology and Religious Studies also achieved over 75% A*-B.